The Riverside Transportation Department supports all district transportation needs, including special needs transportation, accommodating all extracurricular and activity trip busing needs, and providing vehicles for employees to attend workshops and conferences.
Our Transportation Department is committed to safely transporting children to and from school. This safety requires shared responsibility by the bus driver, students, and their parents. As always, safety is our number one consideration as we establish bus routes and provide student transportation.
Mr. Andy Valdivia (Bio)
Director of Transportation/ Maintenance
(602) 477-8900 ext. 1702
With safety as our goal, we have provided some basic rules that we expect all of our bus riders to follow:
- Obey the bus driver at all times.
- Be at bus stop 10 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up time in the morning. Be on time to the bus in the afternoon.
- Stand a safe distance from the curb or highway.
- Be courteous to the driver and other bus passengers.
- When crossing street by school bus, always cross in front of bus.
- Always use the steps and handrail when boarding and leaving the bus.
- Sit quickly and quietly in assigned seat. Remain seated facing forward in your assigned seat while the bus is moving. The aisle is not to be blocked at any time.
- Always identify yourself when asked by the driver.
- No eating, drinking (except water in plastic bottles), smoking, chewing gum or spitting inside the bus.
- Keep hands, head, arms and all objects inside the bus at all times.
- Talk in normal tones; loud, rude, vulgar or obscene language is prohibited.
- Keep the bus clean and free of damage.
- State law prohibits the following items on school buses:
- Alcoholic beverages Weapons Explosives
- Dangerous or narcotic drugs Glass items Fireworks
- Legally prohibited substances Smoke or stink bombs Tobacco
- Animals, insects or reptiles Other dangerous objects
- All items carried by students (i.e., band instruments, athletic equipment, backpacks, etc.) must be under their control at all times, and must be carried in the lap, between seats or properly secured in a vacant seat. Instruments cannot occupy needed seating space or be placed in the driver’s compartment or in the stepwell.
- Skateboards, scooters and roller blades are not allowed on the school bus.
- Students are permitted to use only their designated bus stops. Any changes require a parent/legal guardian’s written request, counter-signed by a school official.
- Students are permitted to ride only their assigned bus. Any exceptions must be requested in writing by the student’s parent or legal guardian and approved by a school official.
- Remain seated while bus is in motion and until it comes to a stop.
- Riverside students are required to show student I.D. card to bus driver upon request and prior to boarding the bus.